Chik'n & Lentils
Packing a protein punch at 24g, this is a satisfying & filling post-workout option! Experiment with your own garnish, and try adding a dash of paprika or chilli flakes before serving!
- 3-4 Chik'n Strips (Morningstar Farms) or 1 Linda McCartney Sausage (or approx 30g of another vegan sausage/plant meat alternative)
- Juice of 2 Large Lemons (or limes if preferred)
- Half Avocado
- Handful Black Olives
- Half cup Brown Rice, Cooked
- Half cup cooked Brown Lentils
- 80 grams Raw Spinach
- Paprika / chilli flakes to garnish (optional)
Cook the rice if using dry/uncooked rice, according to package instructions.
Cook the “chicken” strips/plant meat according to package instructions in a non-stick skillet.
Wash the spinach. Steam or wilt in a frying pan with a bit of water if you prefer cooked spinach.
Cook the brown rice now if using pre-cooked rice.
Drain, rinse, and set aside the cooked lentils.
Assemble the prepared components in a container(s) and top with black olives. Top with sliced avocado when ready to eat (to preserve freshness). Drizzle the lemon juice over the top, add a light sprinkle of chilli flakes or paprika and serve.