Chipotle Curry Lentils
Try this aromatic and flavorsome dish for an indulgent evening in. Delicious and nutritionally charged, this lentil curry variation combines a carefully selected spice combo with the creamy twist of coconut. This is a great source of iron, eliminating fatigue and boosting your immune system, as well as magnesium which is needed for calcium absorption.
1/2 cup uncooked lentils (94g)
1 cup finely diced onions (115g)
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp salt (optional)
1/4 tsp pepper
2/3 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup vegetable broth
1 tbsp mashed chipotle pepper in adobo (remove seeds first)
- Cook lentils according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Sauté onions until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or so.
- Add in the seasonings and mix around to coat the onions evenly.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients. Mix, add in the cooked lentils and mix again. Bring to a simmer.
- Simmer 5 minutes or so, until thickened and the lentils have absorbed most of the liquid.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 5 days.