Quinoa Tabouli Salad with Beans
Otherwise known as 'Tabbouleh', this middle eastern salad is packed with curly parsley and citrus flavours on a bed of quinoa - making it a filling and zesty lunchtime option.
- 1/2 cup (91 g) Dry quinoa
- 4 Tomatoes on the vine (426 g)
- 2 Bunches of curly parsley, stems removed (103 g)
- 1 tin (540 ml) Six bean medley (Chickpeas, Dark Red Kidney Beans, Black Eye Peas, White Kidney Beans, Romano Beans, Baby Lima Beans)
- 1/4 cup Finely diced red onion (47 g)
- 2 Garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (89 ml) Freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 ml) White vinegar
- 3/4 tsp (3.6 ml) Garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp (3.6 ml) Ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp salt (1.2 ml) (+ more to taste)
- Pinch pepper (+ more to taste)
Cook the quinoa according to the package instructions. Let cool completely.
Chop the tomatoes finely, and mince the parsley very finely. Mix together in a large mixing bowl.
Rinse the beans and add to the large bowl, followed by the finely diced onions, minced garlic, lemon juice, white vinegar, garlic powder, ground coriander, salt and pepper.
Add in the cooked and cooled quinoa and mix well. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
This recipe tastes even better after staying in the fridge overnight!