Tofu Scramble with Potatoes
One of our favorites! Easy, filling, tasty and packed with protein.
Peppers & Onions, 100gms
Salsa, 2 Tbsp
Kale (Raw), 1 cup
Mushrooms, 3 oz
Roasted Sweet Potato, 6 oz
Extra Firm Tofu, 250gms
1. In a small bowl, mix together nutritional yeast, turmeric, cumin, paprika, water, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
2. Mist a frying pan with water and place it over medium heat. Once hot, add mushrooms and peppers, and saute until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
3. Crumble tofu into the pan, breaking it up with your fingers. Pour seasoning over tofu and mix well, trying to color as much tofu as possible. Cook for 2 minutes or until tofu is hot throughout.
4. Once cooked, serve with toppings such as salsa, and/or hot sauce.
5. Sweet Potatoes - Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
6. Cut potatoes into small cubes and place into a shallow roasting pan.
7. Roast sweet potato mixture in preheated oven, turning frequently, until the vegetables are soft and golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.