Vanilla Coconut Protein Blueberry Muffins
Highly shareable & scrumptious - these muffins are delectably fruity with blueberries, apple sauce and shredded coconut with a hint of vanilla - packing a protein punch!
- Makes 6 muffins
- 3/4 cup (73 g) Oat flour
- 1/3 cup (42 g) All purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (30 g) Sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup (11 g) Vedge Vanilla Plant Protein powder
- 2 tsp (6 g) Baking powder
- 1 cup (155g) Frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup Sweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Soy milk
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) Vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a muffin tin with 6 cupcake liners or lightly grease with oil. Set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the oat flour. All purpose flour, sweetened shredded coconut, vanilla protein powder, baking powder and mix well. Add in the frozen blueberries now and mix so they are coated in flour so the color won’t bleed into the batter.
Pour in the apple sauce, maple syrup, soy milk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
Scoop out the batter into the prepared muffin tin to make 6 muffins. Bake for 18-21 minutes.
Let rest for 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack to continue to cool.
Serves 6. Freezer friendly.